Monday 14 July 2014

Painting

The majority of my research for any project is drawing and painting-based. My FMP was no exception, and I explored all ranges of media - stick and ink, watercolour, acrylic - before producing quite a few fully-realised paintings. The colours and shapes within these paintings then developed further into my digital prints, knitting patterns etc, so they really are the core of my project. Some, naturally, are more successful than others - and they vary from quite illustrative to bolder, almost simplified scenes. At all times I was thinking of the textures that expressive brushstrokes can create - something which I find more important than making it look photo-realistic, especially when working towards a textiles outcome. 


Cottage at South Stacks, Anglesey

Heather on Mynydd Twr/Holyhead Mountain


Cottage behind the rocks, South Stacks

View to Snowdonia from Beaumaris

Mynydd Twr/Holyhead Mountain

South Stacks Lighthouse


All these are now available to buy as a set of 6 cards, or if you REALLY like them - some are available to buy, smartly mounted and ready to stick into a frame! Check them out...





No comments:

Post a Comment